Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Stepping Heavenward


Stepping Heavenward is the journal of a girl named Katherine. It is her life story from when she is 16 through when she is 43 and dying from a sickness. It goes through how she became a true christian, how her father dies, how she gets married, how her husband's father and sister come to live with them, how she gives birth to 5 children, how she looses her firstborn son, mother, best friend, and father-in-law, and many other trials in her life. It was written in the 1800's by Mrs. E Prentiss. It took me about 12 days to read it, but that is only including the days I read. Total, including the days I didn't read it, it was a total of 17 days. I am a pretty fast reader so that is a pretty long time for a 239 page book. But, I guess it has pretty small writing (my copy anyway), and has sort of old fashioned language, so you have to concentrate more then usual. But still, it is a great book to read, and really helps you to understand why God puts you under trials.
PS
I apologize that the pictures are backwards (if you were observant and noticed it), it's just that I took them with my computer camera and it flips the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment